This recipe and post comes from Stephanie Dreyer from veegmama.com. She has been baking some amazing looking desserts with our mixes. You should also check out her blog, which has some great recipes and ideas for vegan families! Now I’m going to let Stephanie take it away!
“I am really having fun with Julie’s Original baking mixes – my answer to vegan and gluten-free dessert! I was experimenting with Julie’s White Cake Mix and decided to whip up a batch of cupcakes. They are super quick and easy since they use semi-homemade ingredients. This is my kind of baking! My daughter, cupcake baker extraordinaire, gave them a thumbs up. Let me know what you think!”
Stephanie’s Vegan and Gluten-Free Vanilla Raspberry Cupcakes
1 package of Julie’s Original White Cake Mix
1 cup of raspberry jam or preserves
1 cup of powdered sugar
18 fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill cupcake pan with liners.
2. Prepare cake batter according to the directions on the package, using vanilla for the flavoring. Spoon batter into each liner, about 1/2-2/3 full. Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven (mine took 25 minutes).
3. Let cupcakes cool completely. Using a melon baller, scoop out a well in the middle of each cake.
4. Spoon raspberry jam into the well of each cupcake.
5. Using a sifter, sprinkle powdered sugar over each cupcake until fully coated.
6. On each cupcake, place a fresh raspberry over the hole made from making the well. Before serving, slightly reheat in the oven or microwave just until cake and filling are warm (2o seconds in the microwave).