If you love banana bread, you are going to love this recipe! I sampled it over the weekend at New Season’s and everyone loved it. I love that it tastes just like the banana bread my mom used to make, and can be baked in anything from an 8-inch loaf pan to a bundt pan to a round cake pan.
- 1 package of Julie’s Original White Cake Mix
- 1 cup mashed brown bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 7 x 11-inch baking dish, or a large or mini loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix everything together (except for the chocolate chips). Beat until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake the cake in the preheated oven until a tester comes out clean. The size of the pans used will determine how long the cakes bake for. Let cool completely and enjoy!
- Vegan + gluten-free