This recipe couldn’t be easier to make! In fact, this is all you do:
- 1 bag of Julie’s Original White Cake Mix
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons soy or other non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup canola, olive or melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure almond extract (use vanilla if you have a nut allergy)
- About 4 to 5 medium to large apricots
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 10-inch round cake pan. The lining can even just be the bottom (cut a circle out of parchment paper), as it will make it easier to remove the cake.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry cake mix, the soymilk, oil, and almond extract, and beat until smooth. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Cut your apricots in half, remove the pit, and then cut into slices. Arrange the slices in concentric circles all around the top of the cake. I lightly press them (barely) into the batter so that the cake will rise up around them while baking.
- Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes, or until the cake is cooked all the way through, and a tester inserted near the middle (of the cake not apricot) comes out clean. Let cool completely before removing from pan.