Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
This recipe is a fun twist on traditional tapenade, and makes a fantastic appetizer. Serve it with some wonderful rustic bread, crostini or crackers. It’s also pretty awesome spread on a sandwich too.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crush dried thyme
- Finely chop garlic in small food processor. Add olives, capers, olive oil and thyme, processing just until finely chopped but not smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a small ovenproof dish and bake in preheated 350°F oven until tapenade is warm and bubbly.
- Sprinkle a little dried thyme on top of tapenade and serve warm with crostini or crackers.