This recipe is a fun twist on traditional tapenade, and makes a fantastic appetizer. Serve it with some wonderful rustic bread, crostini or crackers. It’s also pretty awesome spread on a sandwich too.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crush dried thyme
- Finely chop garlic in small food processor. Add olives, capers, olive oil and thyme, processing just until finely chopped but not smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a small ovenproof dish and bake in preheated 350°F oven until tapenade is warm and bubbly.
- Sprinkle a little dried thyme on top of tapenade and serve warm with crostini or crackers.