Miso Cashew Crack Spread
This is a delicious sandwich and cracker spread we use in our house all the time, it's that satisfying and good. I adapted it from a recipe by Betsy DeJulio, and she graciously let me share it with you. Go to www.everydaydish.tv to watch the video.
- 2 cups raw, unsalted cashews, soaked for several hours or overnight and drained
- ½ cup white miso
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried mustard powder
- ½ cup white wine or gluten-free beer, plus a little more as needed to make mixture blend.
- A squirt of Sriracha sauce, optional
- In a food processor or high powdered blender, add all of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- You will need to stop and scrape down the sides of the machine periodically.
- Add just enough of the wine or beer so that the mixture blends.
- You don’t want it runny. It’s supposed to be a fairly thick spread.
Recipe by Julie's Kitchenette at https://www.juliehasson.com/best-sandwich-spread-ever/