- 2 cups water
- 1 cup medium grain Cal Rose rice
- 1–1/2 cups So Delicious refrigerated coconut milk (or almond or soy milk), or more as needed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk or So Delicious coconut creamer
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/2 cup sour cherries, frozen defrosted or jarred (drained)
- Coconut whipped cream (such as CocoWhip)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine water and rice, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove the cover.
- Add 1 cup of the milk and the sugar to the cooked rice, stirring until combined. Return the saucepan to stove. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until it starts getting thick.
- Stir in the coconut creamer (or coconut milk). Continue adding more of the milk, stirring as needed, as the pudding cooks and thickens. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the pudding is very thick and creamy. If the pudding is too thick, stir in a little more milk as need to thin slightly, and remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the almond extract.
- Let the pudding cool a bit and scoop into serving dishes, top with the sour cherries and then a dollop of CocoWhip.
Gluten-Free + Vegan