Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
One night we were scrambeling for dinner. After a mental scan of the ingredients in the fridge and a lightbulb later, Chorizo Cornbread Poppers were assembled. 30 minutes later we were wolfing them down.You can’t go wrong making these Poppers. They are a combo of a few of our favorite Private Side recipes (Trashy Nacho Cheese, Chorizo & Corn Bread).
- Vegan Soyrizo, crumbled or homemade Seitan Chorizo (from Everyday Dish), finely chopped, about 9 ounces
- 1 large Roma tomato or small Beefsteak tomato, diced
- 1 recipe Sweet Cornbread (from Everyday Dish), reduce sugar by half if desired
- 1 recipe Spreadable Chedda Cheese or Nacho Cheese Sauce (from Everyday Dish)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- -cup metal muffin tin, well greased with pan released (try the homemade version from everyday Dish)
- Fill prepared muffin tins 1/3 full with cornbread batter. Top with about a teaspoon of chorizo crumbles. Sprinkle with a few pieces of tomato. Lightly push down crumbles to make a little well. Put a dollop of cheese sauce. Top with another scoop of cornbread batter, carefully spreading the batter to the edge of the filling. The muffin cups should be a good 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes, before carefully removing from tins. Eat!
Copyright © 2009 Julie Hasson