If you are looking for a great Fall cake to bake, this is the one! It’s loaded with diced pears, cranberries, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- 1 package of Julie’s Original White Cake Mix
- 1 1/2 cups cup non-dairy milk (I used soy)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 ripe pears, peeled and cored, diced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
Simple Icing (optional)
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- About 3 tablespoons soy or almond milk (can be plain or vanilla)
- Mix everything (except for the pears and cranberries) together in a bowl. Beat until smooth. Stir in the pears and cranberries. Spread the batter into a greased 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish. Bake the cake until a tester comes out clean (about 55 to 60 minutes). Let cool completely and enjoy!
- If you want to top the cooled cake with a glaze, like I did in the photo, make the icing below
- Combine the powdered sugar and 3 tablespoons milk in a bowl. Beat or whisk really well until the icing is smooth and thick, but spreadable. I like to use a hand mixer or beaters for this. Spread or drizzle the icing over the cooled cake and let sit until the glaze is set and hardened.
- Vegan + gluten-free