Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
Not only are cranberries delicious, but they’re also a great source of antioxidants. Although you may be tempted to cut down on the sugar in this recipe, it’s a pretty tart sauce.
- 1 cup red wine (port wine works great too)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar (or a touch more to taste)
- 1 12-oz package fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice or the zest and juice of 1 orange
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- In a medium saucepan combine all of the ingredients and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Reduce heat slightly and simmer 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Cool and serve.
- Copyright © 2008 Julie Hasson