This vegan vanilla ice cream is super creamy and dreamy, plus really easy to make!
- 3 cups chilled plain soymilk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 – 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil (depending on how rich you want it)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- In a blender jar, combine the milk, sugar, and vanilla. Blend to mix everything together. With blender running on low, carefully add the melted coconut oil through the top of the lid, blending until is well mixed. Then add the xanthan gum through the top of the lid. Blend until smooth. Try not to over blend the milk mixture, as you don’t want it to get too warm.
- Pour the ice cream base into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Serve the ice cream right away, or freeze in a covered container until ready to serve. The ice cream is creamiest when eaten right away. If eating out of the freezer, microwave the frozen ice cream for about 30 seconds, or until scoopable (or leave out for a bit on your counter).
- Copyright © 2016 Julie Hasson
- Gluten-free + Vegan