Bryanna Clark Grogan is a favorite visitor to Everyday Dish TV. You can visit her at Bryanna Clark Grogan’s Vegan Feast Kitchen/21st Century Table.
Use this wonderful sauce over frozen vegan desserts, as a filling for tarts and cookies, on sundaes, over brownies, as a cake or pudding sauce, over filled sweet crepes, on fruit crumbles, etc
- 596 grams (1 lb. 5 oz. or 2 cups) jar brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup soft light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy (or rice) protein powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Microwave the jar of brown rice syrup (lid off) for 1-2 minutes, or heat it in water in the top of a double boiler over a pan of simmering water, until hot and liquid.
- Scrape into a small, deep bowl. Whisk the brown sugar into the hot syrup and whisk (or beat with a hand immersion blender or hand-held electric beater) until the sugar completely dissolves. Beat in the soy or rice protein powder and the vanilla until completely smooth. Pour into a clean jar. Cool, covered, until thickened. This will keep several weeks in the refrigerator or several months frozen.
- Use this sauce over frozen vegan desserts, as a filling for tarts and cookies, on sundaes, over brownies, as a cake or pudding sauce, over filled sweet crepes, on fruit crumbles, etc.
- © Copyright 2005 Bryanna Clarke-Grogan
- Category: Dessert