Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.comPrint
This salad has a lot of things going on and is super delicious and fast and easy to prepare. The recipe belongs to the Cancer Project and their Survivors Handbook. They are a great source for information.
- 1/2 cup low-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 10-oz frozen package baby lima beans, thawed completely
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed completely
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Toss all ingredients together. Serve cold or room temperature. May be covered and stored in refrigerator for several days.
Recipe by PCRM dietician Jennifer K. Reilly, R.D., from The Survivor’s Handbook, Eating Right For Cancer Survival.
For more information on The Cancer Project, visit www.cancerproject.org