Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
I first tasted this fantastic guacamole while on a trip to Des Moines for a soybean tour. It’s really good, and full of heart healthy protein and fiber.
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups shelled edamame, blanched in boiling water according to package directions
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon soy sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh made pico de gallo
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, combine the avocado, edamame, lime juice, sour cream, and granulated garlic and process until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the guacamole to a bowl and stir in the pico de gallo. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve right away or cover and refridgerate until ready to serve.
Recipe from Chef Ephraim Malag, Tournament Club of Iowa