This tofu is awesome, and full of delicious savory flavor. It’s also gluten-free and vegan, and a snap to make!
- 1 14-ounce block firm or extra firm tofu, rinsed, patted dry and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Black pepper, freshly ground, optional
In a bowl, combine the tofu cubes, nutritional yeast flakes, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Gently toss so that tofu is well coated.
Lightly mist the basket of the air fryer and add the tofu cubes in a fairly even layer. Mist the tofu lightly with a little more oil and then air fry the tofu at 400°F for 15 minutes (if using firm tofu, or about 10 to 12 minutes for extra firm tofu), stopping machine a few times to shake the basket and toss the tofu. The tofu should be nicely browned and the coating firm. The tofu pieces may also puff up a bit, but that’s totally fine and delicious.
Enjoy the tofu as is, or put in your favorite bowl, wrap, or salad.
- Category: Main