Janice Cox is Americas leading Natural Beauty and Home Beauty expert. Janice is the author of three best selling books on the subject of Natural Beauty: Natural Beauty at Home, Natural Beauty for All Seasons and Natural Beauty from the Garden (all published by Henry Holt and Company, New York). These books are written cookbook style making it easy for even a beginner to instantly create their own natural beauty products and treatments.
These fizzing bath bombs are a real treat. Janice Cox transforms everyday kitchen items and concocts a soothing treatment for you bath. Bath Bombs are fun and easy to make and when dropped into a warm tub create a effervesant fizz releasing relaxing bath salts and natural oil into your tub. You can change their bathing effect just by using a few different ingredients. For an enegising bomb use a few drops of peppermint oil or for a relaxing soak try lavender oil.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 cup cup citric acid powder
- 1 /2 cup corn starch
- 1 /2 cup light oil (almond, sunflower, etc.)
- 5–6 drops peppermint or lavender essential oil
- 2–3 drops food coloring (optional)
- Plastic molds such as muffin cups, ice cube trays, candy mold or measuring cups
- Mix together all ingredients until you have a crumbly dough. Form into balls or press into plastic molds. Let sit for a few hours to dry and harden, gently tap the mold to release the bath bomb. Continue to air dry. To use: Drop one bath bomb into a warm tub.