Freddy Guys is a family-run hazelnut orchard in Oregon’s mid-Willamette Valley. We are a direct-to-consumer farm specializing in fresh hazelnuts and hazelnut products. We are owned and operated by Barb and Fritz Foulke and assisted by the whole family throughout the year. Everyone pitches in at harvest!
Hazelnut butter is a natural source for calcium, phytoesterol and is loaded with folic acid. This homemade recipe can be whipped in a blender and also made into a Nutella like spread. We sell a ton of this at the Portland Farmers Market for good reason. It just tastes great!
- 1 cup chopped dry roasted hazelnuts
- Place hazelnuts in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Scoop hazelnut butter into an airtight jar. Store in the refrigerator.
- Directions for Hazelnut Cocoa Spread:
- Combine 8 ounces of hazelnut butter with 2 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Stir until smooth.
© Barb Foulke, Freddy Guys Hazelnuts 2008