Not only is this blackberry syrup delicious, but it’s also a great source of antioxidants.
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 12 oz (about 1 1/2 cups) frozen blackberries or raspberries, thawed
- In a medium saucepan combine all of the ingredients and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat slightly and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, gently stirring once, if needed, to separate the berries.
- Set syrup aside to cool. Strain.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of syrup (or to taste) to glass of sparkling water. Stir and serve.
Copyright © 2008 Julie Hasson