Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
After testing this chocolaty cake out in several different microwaves, I’ve found that the baking times can vary. I would start with 40 seconds, and test it out. This way you can bake it exactly the way you like it. Honestly, a test cake is a good thing! Makes 1 cake
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (preferably unsweetened Dutch process)
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons soymilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a coffee mug, whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, sugar and baking powder until well mixed. Add the soymilk, oil and vanilla, whisking just until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Place the mug in the microwave and cook on high for 40 to 40 seconds, depending on your microwave. Let cake sit for 5 minutes before eating.
Copyright © 2009 Julie Hasson