This cake is delicious, and so much fun to serve at a party. You can up the booziness even further, by carefully poking holes in the warm cake with a skewer and drizzling another 3 tablespoons of tequila over top.
- 1 package of Julie’s Original White Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups soymilk or other non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup safflower, canola or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup gold tequila (preferably anejo or reposado)
- 1 teaspoon Boyajian lime oil or lime extract
- Zest of one lime
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-inch cake pan, 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish, or pan of choice.
- Cake: In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, non-dairy milk, oil, tequila, lime oil and zest, and whisk or beat until smooth.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 55 minutes (depending on the size of the pan you are using), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool down a bit before glazing. You can glaze the cake when it’s still warm or completely cooled.
- Glaze: In a bowl using an electric mixer or a whisk, combine the powdered sugar, lime juice, tequila and zest and beat until smooth. Drizzle or brush the glaze over the cake.
- Gluten-Free + Vegan
- Copyright © 2016 Julie’s Original LLC