Sarah Matheny is the author of Peas & Thank YouPrint
Sarah Matheny makes us some Mediterranean Lentil Meatballs right out of her cookbook Peas and Thank You!
- 8 oz. precooked lentils or 8 oz. of canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 c. old-fashioned oats (GF if necessary)
- 1 t. minced garlic
- 1 T. vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c. fresh basil
- 3–4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 c. onion, chopped
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. Kalamata olives, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine lentils, oats, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, basil, tomatoes, onion and mustard in a high speed blender or food processor and pulse until mixture forms a thick, chunky batter. Stir in olives and season to taste.
- Form batter into 12 golf ball-sized meatballs and place on a cookie sheet that has been coated with cooking spray. Cook for 20 minutes, flipping once during cooking time.