Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.comPrint
There’s nothing more refreshing than a glass of iced-cold lemonade on a hot summer day. For an extra special treat, try our strawberry version, which is guaranteed to keep you cool.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- About 4 cups cold water
- In a large heatproof pitcher or measuring cup, whisk together the sugar and boiling water until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Stir in the lemon juice, stirring well. Adjust the lemonade to taste.
- Serve in glasses over ice, with lemon slices.
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Thaw frozen strawberries, and puree until smooth. I like to use a stick/hand blender or regular blender for this. Stir strawberry puree into prepared lemonade. Add to taste.
- Lemonade Soda
- Top off glasses of lemonade with chilled sparkling water.
- Category: Drinks