Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
Oh baby, you’re going to love these, whether you’re 4 or 104! If you have any leftover, they are also yummy tossed in a salad (once cool).
- 3 cups dried Soy Curls
- Boiling water to cover
- Vegetarian chicken broth powder, to taste (depending on saltiness of bouillon) or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup white wheat flour (can use GF all-purpose flour or white rice flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp granulated onion
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp sweet or regular paprika
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Baking sheets, lightly greased with olive oil
- Combine Soy Curls, boiling water and bouillon powder or soy sauce. Let sit 10 minutes until re-hydrated. Drain well, pressing out any extra liquid.
- In a shallow bowl, combine rice flour, wheat flour, nutritional yeast flakes, granulated onion, granulated garlic, parsley flakes, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well. Dredge the Soy Curls in the flour mixture, so they are well-coated.
- Place floured Soy Curls on prepared baking sheets, and place in preheated oven. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until Soy Curls are lightly browned and crispy.
- Serve oven-fried Soy Curls with ketchup, BBQ sauce or ranch dip.
Tip: For a ranch-style dip, mix together non-dairy sour cream with dried dill, granulated onion, granulated garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.