I’m Celine Steen, a vegan bicycle fiend who currently lives in California with a tall stranger and two senior cats. You can find more about Celine and her cats and the tall stranger by visiting her at Have Cake Will Travel.
If you’re looking for something simple that can be done in no time this Granola is for you. Celine Steen of Have Cake Will Travel shows how fun & easy it can be.
- 1/4 cup (64 g) creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons (24 g) raw sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (40 g) brown rice or other flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups (120 g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (80 g) jam of choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4). Have a large rimmed baking sheet handy.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, and water. Heat for 30 to 60 seconds so that the peanut butter can be more manageable.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons (20 g) brown rice flour, cinnamon, salt, and oats: the mixture will be thick and rather unmanageable at this point, so place it onto the baking sheet, and combine using your fingers. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of brown rice flour on top, and work it in gently until it dissolves. Try not to break the granola chunks too much while doing this.
- Add the jam in little pieces: you don’t want it to coat the granola, but rather to find bits of it throughout.
- Spread mixture evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Stir well.
- Bake for another 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool on baking sheet before transferring into a tightly closed container. Store in fridge, once completely cooled.
- Category: Granola