Brian P.McCarthy is a very creative and talented professional chef. He has written a few cookbooks. You can find out more about his adventures by visiting his blog.
Chef Brian P. McCarthy shares his vegan pesto recipe with us. Delicious flavors!
- 1 pound prepared vegan gnocchi, homemade or store bought
- 15 peeled cloves of garlic (1 head)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 2-oz package basil, stemmed and chopped (1 bunch)
- 2 tbsp + 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- Salt to taste (about 1/2 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a small baking dish, toss garlic with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine roasted garlic, pine nuts, basil and remaining olive oil, processing until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Place gnocchi in boiling water and boil just until gnocchi floats to the top.
- Strain gnocchi and toss with prepared pesto sauce.
Copyright © 2006 Brian P. McCarthy