This recipe was inspired by a pumpkin hummus that I tasted at New Season’s Market in Portland, Oregon. I came right home and started playing with the recipe. It’s one of my favorite hummus recipes.
- Pumpkin Hummus
- 2 cups cooked or canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 4 tbsp roasted tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Ground chipotle or pimenton (smoked paprika), to taste
- Salt, to taste
- In bowl of food processor, combine the garbanzo beans and pumpkin, pulsing until mixture is smooth. Add tahini, garlic, lemon juice and cumin pulsing until smooth. Add salt and smoked paprika (or chipotle powder) to taste.
- Serve pumpkin hummus in a bowl, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika (smoked or regular).
- Copyright © 2007 Julie Hasson
- Category: Easy
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern