Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
These delicious little cakes are perfect snack to pack in your kid’s lunchboxes this Fall.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Scant 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (solid pack, not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2/3 cup plain soy or almond milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, combine sugar, pumpkin, soymilk, canola oil and vanilla, beating until smooth. Add the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated. Don’t over mix batter. Stir in candied ginger or raisins.
- Spread batter into greased and floured mini bundt or loaf pans. Bake in preheated oven until a tester inserted in center comes out clean and top of cake springs back when lightly pressed. Little miniature bundt cakes will take about 25 to 35 minutes to bake. Miniature loaf pans about 25 to 35 minutes.
- Remove cake pans to a rack to cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Carefully remove cakes from pans and finish cooling completely on a rack.
- Dust cooled cakes with powdered sugar before serving.
Copyright © 2009 Julie Hasson