Elaina Love is the Owner/Director of PureJoyPlanet.com and is also a professional Chef, Instructor, and Detox Counselor at Pure Joy Culinary Academy. She is a Lifestyle Counselor, co-owner of Pure Joy Academy.Print
This dehydrated corn tortilla wrap is great for making a roll or spiral. Make the wraps thinner if you want to use them for taco shells or tortillas.
- 3/4 cup dry golden flax seeds ground into meal (blend dry seeds first before getting your blender wet)
- 1 cup soaked raw almonds (2/3 cups before soaking) soaked 4-8 hours
- 1 cup raw hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or cashews
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 Tbs raw honey, maple syrup or agave
- 1 tsp high mineral salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp turmeric for color
- Optional: add 1 minced jalapeño for extra spice
- Step 1: Put almonds and hemp seeds in the blender with enough water to cover, and blend until creamy. Use a celery stalk as your spatula to keep things moving in the blender.
- Alternate Step 1: Put 1 1/2 cups almond meal (leftover from making almond milk) in a large mixing bowl with 1/4 cup melted coconut butter or olive oil add hemp seeds and enough water to cover and blend smooth.
- Step 2: Blend pine nuts, corn and sweetener in the blender until creamy. You may need to add a little water to blend.
- Step 3: Put all ingredients together in the bowl and mix well. Let sit for a few minutes to thicken.
- Step 4: Spread the batter onto 1 and 1/2 16 x 16 dehydrator trays covered with a teflex sheet. Make the wrap as thin or as thick as you like about ºî thick is great for the Enchilada Spirals.
- Dry at 105 degrees for about 4 hours. Flip the wrap and take the teflex off.
- Dry for another 3 hours or until bread is still very moist and is easy to lift up.
- At this point you can layer on a filling and roll it up then slice it, or cut it into squares and use as tortillas.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
The very thick wrap is great for making a roll or spiral. Make the wraps thinner if you want to use them for taco shells or tortillas.