Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
My kids love these tacos, and request them for dinner at least once a week. I like to serve them at parties, because all of the prep is done ahead of time, so you can sit and enjoy your guests. Fiesta!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups textured soy or vegetable protein (TVP or TSP)
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
- Taco shells or small corn tortillas, lightly toasted or warmed
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion and sauté until onion is soft and lightly browned.
- Add the dry TVP to the skillet and sauté for several minutes.
- Add the taco seasoning, cumin and chipotle powder to skillet and sauté for another minute or two.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Add boiling water, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with all the fixins’.
Optional Toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, soy cheese, thinly sliced radishes, chopped cilantro and thinly sliced scallions
- Category: Tacos