Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.comPrint
This is a delicious sandwich spread we use in our house all the time, it’s that satisfying and good. I adapted it from Betsy DeJulio and she graciously let me share it with you. Go to www.everydaydish.tv to get the recipe.
- 2 cups raw, unsalted cashews, soaked for several hours or overnight and drained
- 1/2 cup white miso
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard powder
- About 1/2 cup white wine or beer, or as needed to make mixture blend.
- A squirt of Sriracha sauce, optional
- In a food processor or high powdered blender, add all of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- You will need to stop and scrape down the sides of the machine periodically.
- Add just enough of the wine or beer so that the mixture blends.
- You don’t want it runny. It’s supposed to be a fairly thick spread.
The spread will keep, refrigerated for several weeks.
Be sure to check out Betsy DeJulio’s cookbook The Blooming Planet.
You can find more about Betsy by visiting her website.