Annie & Dan Shannon show us how they recreated a vegan version of Betty Crocker’s Fried Egg from their cookbook “Betty Goes Vegan”.
You can find out more about Annie & Dan by visiting Meet The Shannons.
The Night Dan made me this sauce, I fell in love with him…well, started to. It still took a few more bad relationships, long phone calls and years of being best friends. But the sauce may have started it all.
- ½ cup margarine
- 3 ½ cups boiling water
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp crushed Himilayan salt
- 2 Tbs Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- a few dashes of liquid smoke
- Pinch of turmeric
- Paprika and crushed black peppercorns to taste
- 1 ½ cup nutritional yeast
- In a saucepan, melt the margarine over a low heat
- Whisk in the flour until smooth and bubbly
- Add boiling water, salt, Bragg’s, garlic and onion powder, liquid smoke, turmeric, paprika and pepper
- Bring to light boil and add the nutritional yeast a little at a time whisking all the while